CG/LA Infrastructure's InfraBlog
By Sam Applegate on May 16, 2013
Twelve companies have submitted firm bids to provide preliminary design consultancy services for the Oman Railway project.
– Sener (based in Spain)
– Consultrans (part of the IMATHIA Group)
– ITALFERR (the engineering arm of the Italian State railways group)
– Saman Corporation (engineering firm from South Korea)
– Dohwa Engineering (South Korea)
– 3TI Architecture & Engineering Consultants (a Dubai-based subsidiary of 3TI Italia)
– SNC Lavalin International
– Auding Intraesa (Spain)
– Tecnicas Reunidas (Spain)
– IDOM (Spain)
– Dar al Handasah
– Asie Etudes Engineering Consultants
The bids are currently being considered. The selected company will not only oversee the design stage of the project, including infrastructure systems, civil works, tunnels and structures, but also prepare tender documents for the design and build phase. The section of the network connecting Sohar Port with Al Ain and Muscat will form the first phase.
Award of the preliminary design contract is anticipated during June or July this year, and prequalification of the Design and Build tender process by the end of 2014, according to project director Abdulrahman al Hatmi. He predicted that the impact on the economy of Oman would amount to 5% of GDP, contributing to industrial and business growth.